Today’s Building Management Systems (BMS) play a vital role in helping Building Managers create and maintain more comfortable, healthy, safe, cost-efficient and ‘greener’ buildings.
To help ensure the buildings under their management run smoothly and offer comfortable and inviting environments, Building Management Australia’s Building Managers utilise the latest BMS, including MYBOS, a cloud-based building management platform created in Australia by tech entrepreneur and former residential building manager Sam Khalef. Since its launch in 2012, MBOS (My Building Operating System) has been installed in over 2,200 buildings across Australia, New Zealand, Europe and the Middle East.
“Basically the MYBOS software is a ‘one-stop-shop’ designed to make the life of a building manager easier by integrating tenants, occupants, contractors and management in one platform,” Khalef says. “It’s positioned in between a strata management system and a leasing platform, and its core focus it to help operate and run the daily requirements of the property.
“From tracking building inspections and preventative maintenance to managing a key register and parcel deliveries for each individual tenant, MYBOS is a smart and reliable system that enables landlords and apartment block owners to manage their property in an optimised and simple manner.”
For Building Management Australia, building management systems like MYBOS are playing an increasingly vital role to efficiently manage administration, budgets and contracts.
“Systems such as MYBOS really came into their own as a result of the pandemic – and even in the post-pandemic times, they’ll continue to play a vital role in the management of buildings,” says Ben Mees, Bmaus’ General Manager. “Such systems enable us to keep on top of administration and ensure operations are being run securely and efficiently. They also aid in improving resident and occupant comfort.”
Our Building Managers regularly use MYBOS to:
• keep on top of preventative maintenance work via a maintenance calendar.
• facilitate and track parcels via a Parcel Management system that records parcels’ in-house journey from receipt to delivery.
• securely manage multiple keys (for owners, tenants and contractors) via a Key Register.
• build, enhance and securely store asset registers by capturing photos, locations, warranty information and other crucial details.
• securely store and access vital information on all building systems including photos, locations and warranties
• notify owners/tenants and Strata Managers via SMS and emails, which reduces paper usage, making the buildings we manage more eco-friendly
• use a special app to easily inspect buildings.
• keep track of budgets.
Where a Building Management System is required for buildings that we manage, our team can assess the requirements and provide recommendations as required.
Please fill in the details as follows;
Building Managers provide a variety of services that help create a more convenient, efficient and cost-effective building. Strata buildings that have numerous lots – residential, commercial, retail – have an increased amount of traffic and activities which require a professional building manager to oversee and mitigate.
Building Managers organise, control and delegate the strategic and operational management of a building. They are based on-site with a dedicated office from where they manage contractors and suppliers carrying out maintenance and upgrades and provide services such as security, cleaning, and property maintenance. Building Managers can issue keys, accept parcels and manage the adherence of the occupants to the registered by-laws.
Bmaus can assist the owners’ corporation with:
– The management of common property
– Controlling the use of common property by tradespersons and other non-residents
– The maintenance and repair of common property
– Duties such as concierge, security and cleaning
Building Managers usually manage strata buildings greater than 70 lots, however, they can manage smaller strata on a part-time basis at the Strata Committee’s discretion.
Building Managers are appointed by members of a Strata Committee. They are appointed at an AGM or EGM and are administered by the Strata Committee via a Strata Agent.
The Strata Committee of the owners corporation represents owners or owners’ nominees. It is responsible for the day-to-day running of the strata scheme and is elected at each annual general meeting (AGM). The owners corporation decides the number of strata committee members for the coming year at each AGM. An owners corporation may also employ a Strata Managing Agent and/or Building Manager to carry out some, or all, of the responsibilities of the strata committee.
We create a tailored quote by discussing your tenant’s requirements and by conducting an on-site scope of work to assess your building’s maintenance and management requirements such as security, cleaning, coordinating/overseeing repairs and renovations, provision of valet parking, concierge, and/or mail/parcel management, and facilities maintenance such as gardening and maintenance of amenities such as gyms and/or swimming pools.
Bmaus has managers who operate as full-time managers, part-time managers and, in some instances, a combination of remote and onsite managers. As with all our services, we tailor the manager’s hours to meet the needs of your building.
Bmaus employs several ‘floating’ / ‘relief’ Building Managers who are acquainted with your building and its operation and maintenance requirements. This ensures a continuity of quality service during times of leave.
Taking Building Management to a new level
Professionalism is key
Bmaus is an integrated building and facilities management company that has evolved to meet the needs of today’s strata buildings.
Most importantly, we understand we are a services company entrusted with the care and comfort of your homes.
With this in mind, we offer highly professional Building Managers with the necessary skills and aptitudes to meet the needs of your strata, from the simplest to the most complex.
Bmaus is the solution you’ve been looking for.
Our team members have strong expertise and experience in the following:
• Compilation of building defects
• Control of key and access systems
• Management and audit of security operations
• Supervision of communications systems
• Operation of concierge and reception service
• Reporting and advising the owners corporation of all building issues
• Supervision of contractors
• Control of furniture and goods entry and exit
• Enforcement of by-laws and rules relating to the property
• Attending owners corporation and other relevant meetings
To find out more about our services and how we can improve your building’s management, please contact us on 02 8356 7127 or email info@Bmaus.com.au
We look forward to being an integral part of your building’s success!