I’m often asked why I started Building Management Australia. My response: I recognised a need to maintain the property developer’s vision for their buildings, the vision they bring to life with lifestyle features, amenities and services.
From my 30+ years in the property industry, I know the developer’s vision for their building has huge influence on investors, particularly those buying off the plan. And when the building is completed and it’s time for the developer to make good on his promise – his vision – this is when Building Management Australia comes in. We’re experts in maintaining the vision for their building, which in turn enhances residents’ quality of life and helps ensure their investment keeps up with market value.
Since 1995 Building Management Australia has maintained the vision for over 100 residential properties across Sydney, from luxury boutique developments to high-rise apartment towers and multi-building complexes. As every building is different, our approach is flexible and tailored, and we not only assess each building’s needs, we talk to the strata managers and Owners Corporations to discover theirs. We may then suggest a full or part-time building manager to ensure all the shared/common areas, facilities and systems, like lifts, lobbies, climate control, security, gardens, swimming pools, gyms and car parks, always look and perform at their best. In fact, our building managers are highly experienced and multi-skilled professionals who:
• create detailed cleaning plans and recommend and oversee professional cleaners
• create and action preventative maintenance schedules that can reduce the frequency of costly repairs and replacements
• monitor security systems and access points and add another ‘layer’ of security by being on-site
• collate and submit building defects to expedite reparation and insurance claims
• review administrative budgets
• advise on bylaws and new regulations
• manage the move in and move out process to make it less stressful for those moving and to reduce inconvenience for other residents
• manage contractors who come on site to undertake works, ensuring they adhere to the processes and procedures for that particular building
• discuss the latest options for whole-of-building security and fire systems
In addition to a building manager, we may also recommend qualified and trusted landscapers, gardeners, pool service professionals and concierges, who can provide personalised service and assistance, including welcoming and directing visitors, managing parcel deliveries, and organising valet parking and transport, all while enhancing security. Most importantly, we ask residents, what do you want and what can we improve? Because that’s our why.
Please fill in the details as follows;
Building Managers provide a variety of services that help create a more convenient, efficient and cost-effective building. Strata buildings that have numerous lots – residential, commercial, retail – have an increased amount of traffic and activities which require a professional building manager to oversee and mitigate.
Building Managers organise, control and delegate the strategic and operational management of a building. They are based on-site with a dedicated office from where they manage contractors and suppliers carrying out maintenance and upgrades and provide services such as security, cleaning, and property maintenance. Building Managers can issue keys, accept parcels and manage the adherence of the occupants to the registered by-laws.
Bmaus can assist the owners’ corporation with:
– The management of common property
– Controlling the use of common property by tradespersons and other non-residents
– The maintenance and repair of common property
– Duties such as concierge, security and cleaning
Building Managers usually manage strata buildings greater than 70 lots, however, they can manage smaller strata on a part-time basis at the Strata Committee’s discretion.
Building Managers are appointed by members of a Strata Committee. They are appointed at an AGM or EGM and are administered by the Strata Committee via a Strata Agent.
The Strata Committee of the owners corporation represents owners or owners’ nominees. It is responsible for the day-to-day running of the strata scheme and is elected at each annual general meeting (AGM). The owners corporation decides the number of strata committee members for the coming year at each AGM. An owners corporation may also employ a Strata Managing Agent and/or Building Manager to carry out some, or all, of the responsibilities of the strata committee.
We create a tailored quote by discussing your tenant’s requirements and by conducting an on-site scope of work to assess your building’s maintenance and management requirements such as security, cleaning, coordinating/overseeing repairs and renovations, provision of valet parking, concierge, and/or mail/parcel management, and facilities maintenance such as gardening and maintenance of amenities such as gyms and/or swimming pools.
Bmaus has managers who operate as full-time managers, part-time managers and, in some instances, a combination of remote and onsite managers. As with all our services, we tailor the manager’s hours to meet the needs of your building.
Bmaus employs several ‘floating’ / ‘relief’ Building Managers who are acquainted with your building and its operation and maintenance requirements. This ensures a continuity of quality service during times of leave.
Taking Building Management to a new level
Professionalism is key
Bmaus is an integrated building and facilities management company that has evolved to meet the needs of today’s strata buildings.
Most importantly, we understand we are a services company entrusted with the care and comfort of your homes.
With this in mind, we offer highly professional Building Managers with the necessary skills and aptitudes to meet the needs of your strata, from the simplest to the most complex.
Bmaus is the solution you’ve been looking for.
Our team members have strong expertise and experience in the following:
• Compilation of building defects
• Control of key and access systems
• Management and audit of security operations
• Supervision of communications systems
• Operation of concierge and reception service
• Reporting and advising the owners corporation of all building issues
• Supervision of contractors
• Control of furniture and goods entry and exit
• Enforcement of by-laws and rules relating to the property
• Attending owners corporation and other relevant meetings
To find out more about our services and how we can improve your building’s management, please contact us on 02 8356 7127 or email info@Bmaus.com.au
We look forward to being an integral part of your building’s success!