At Building Management Australia (Bmaus), we’re proud of our unique, purpose-designed reporting system. It provides a myriad of benefits for strata managers and Owners Corporations.
Each month, our building managers create monthly reports that have a multi-pronged purpose: they serve as a record of events and issues, including the date they were reported, the action taken to resolve or rectify them, and updates of ongoing items. This summary helps our building managers to track all activities including maintenance, repairs and renovation work, ensuring they are completed to budget and deadline.
“Our building reports are convenient and give owners and strata managers greater peace of mind, as they not only detail how our building managers are caring for their buildings to a high standard, but they are also an enduring and valuable record of validation that events and issues were accurately recorded and resolved,” says Annette Morris, Bmaus’ Relationship Manager.
As a record of validation, Bmaus’ building reports are a vital resource for annual general meetings and insurance and legal matters. “Our monthly and annual reports give accurate and comprehensive records, which makes compiling accurate information for insurance claims, policy renewals and legal matters quicker and easier. They also expedite both monthly strata meetings and Owners Corporation AGMs, as they provide a summary of all activities and vital information for planning and budgeting,” says Annette.
1. Report generation: Bmaus building managers of full-time managed buildings generate monthly building reports, while those who manage smaller buildings create bi-monthly or quarterly building reports. To better demonstrate an event or issue and its rectification, our building managers also sometimes attach photographs to their reports.
2. Report review: our building managers send their completed reports to our Relationship Manager, Annette, who reviews them and, using the previous report, checks that each item has an updated action or has been completed. “I also check the reports have any relative notes from Strata Committee meetings, the AGM and EGMs, or other events that have occurred between the current and previous reports. A recent example of an event is an after-hours emergency call-out that Building Management Australia received when a resident had collided with the roller shutter door, preventing entry and exit,” explains Annette.
When an issue is red-flagged in a report, Annette takes a thorough approach to its resolution rather than an ineffective quick-fix solution: “I like to apply the ‘book-end’ principle; if an issue is raised, it must be closed – and please don’t forget the journey in between!”
3. Report submission: The reports are then sent to the respective buildings’ Strata Committees and strata managers for review. If they require further information or have a request, Annette is their first ‘port of call’. “I rarely receive any questions or requests, as I ensure the reports clarify how each issue or event is tracking and how and when it was resolved,” she says.
If you’re looking for a building management company that provides this attention to detail and is focused on enhancing your building’s value and liveability, please email us at email@example.com or call (02) 8356 7127.
Please fill in the details as follows;
Building Managers provide a variety of services that help create a more convenient, efficient and cost-effective building. Strata buildings that have numerous lots – residential, commercial, retail – have an increased amount of traffic and activities which require a professional building manager to oversee and mitigate.
Building Managers organise, control and delegate the strategic and operational management of a building. They are based on-site with a dedicated office from where they manage contractors and suppliers carrying out maintenance and upgrades and provide services such as security, cleaning, and property maintenance. Building Managers can issue keys, accept parcels and manage the adherence of the occupants to the registered by-laws.
Bmaus can assist the owners’ corporation with:
– The management of common property
– Controlling the use of common property by tradespersons and other non-residents
– The maintenance and repair of common property
– Duties such as concierge, security and cleaning
Building Managers usually manage strata buildings greater than 70 lots, however, they can manage smaller strata on a part-time basis at the Strata Committee’s discretion.
Building Managers are appointed by members of a Strata Committee. They are appointed at an AGM or EGM and are administered by the Strata Committee via a Strata Agent.
The Strata Committee of the owners corporation represents owners or owners’ nominees. It is responsible for the day-to-day running of the strata scheme and is elected at each annual general meeting (AGM). The owners corporation decides the number of strata committee members for the coming year at each AGM. An owners corporation may also employ a Strata Managing Agent and/or Building Manager to carry out some, or all, of the responsibilities of the strata committee.
We create a tailored quote by discussing your tenant’s requirements and by conducting an on-site scope of work to assess your building’s maintenance and management requirements such as security, cleaning, coordinating/overseeing repairs and renovations, provision of valet parking, concierge, and/or mail/parcel management, and facilities maintenance such as gardening and maintenance of amenities such as gyms and/or swimming pools.
Bmaus has managers who operate as full-time managers, part-time managers and, in some instances, a combination of remote and onsite managers. As with all our services, we tailor the manager’s hours to meet the needs of your building.
Bmaus employs several ‘floating’ / ‘relief’ Building Managers who are acquainted with your building and its operation and maintenance requirements. This ensures a continuity of quality service during times of leave.
Taking Building Management to a new level
Professionalism is key
Bmaus is an integrated building and facilities management company that has evolved to meet the needs of today’s strata buildings.
Most importantly, we understand we are a services company entrusted with the care and comfort of your homes.
With this in mind, we offer highly professional Building Managers with the necessary skills and aptitudes to meet the needs of your strata, from the simplest to the most complex.
Bmaus is the solution you’ve been looking for.
Our team members have strong expertise and experience in the following:
• Compilation of building defects
• Control of key and access systems
• Management and audit of security operations
• Supervision of communications systems
• Operation of concierge and reception service
• Reporting and advising the owners corporation of all building issues
• Supervision of contractors
• Control of furniture and goods entry and exit
• Enforcement of by-laws and rules relating to the property
• Attending owners corporation and other relevant meetings
To find out more about our services and how we can improve your building’s management, please contact us on 02 8356 7127 or email info@Bmaus.com.au
We look forward to being an integral part of your building’s success!